Thursday, May 07, 2009

This Friday I will be in Hurricane participating the Relay for life.

This is my mom, Jill Beardall. She is my HERO! She was diagnosed a year ago with breast cancer. She has fought hard and braved several surgeries, chemo and radiation. As if that wasn't enough, she then found out that she had thyroid cancer as well. So 2 more surgeries and a chemo "pill". She is doing great! I am so proud of her! She has been through so much over this pass year, she truly is a warrior!

Oh yeah, last week I found out that a friend from high school has thyroid cancer also! My mother-in-law had a small lump in her breast but was lucky enough to only have to do some radiation for it. There are countless others that have had battles with cacer also. I know that I can't make this go away, but by walking and showing my support, I hope to KICK CANCERS BUTT!!!!

5 comments:

Ann said...

YEA for you Nat! I will be in Huuricane on Sunday. Walk a lap or two for me. It sucks to loose a friend or anyone to cancer. I miss my friend who passed from Lung Cancer earlier this year. I miss the great times telling secrets over mexican food. Man I miss her!

Trish the Dish said...

Hooray for everyone that will be participating in the Relay for Life events! I am so excited about this weekend. We'll have to make it a family tradition. Cancer sucks...

Patty Sampson said...

You GO Girl!! My Mom had Thyroid Cancer when I was 8 years old. And it scared me to death. She is fine now, and I am SO grateful. Keep up the good work!

Ty * April said...

Hey, Nat
I think that is awesome that you guys did the Relay for Life. I have wanted to do a team for my grandpa for ever but could never seem to get anyone interested. May be next year.

I saw your comment on Bridgets blog. I would be happy to invite you to ours. It's not much, but it is us. :)

Hope things are going well. You have a darling family and I still remember when you were pregnant with your first one. Can't believe she is that old already.

NatNeedham said...

April, if you read this again, I guess you need my email, natalieneedham@comcast.net

Thanks!