Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HEROES-
Right now I have several heroes. #1 My mom. She is going through a lot right now battling breast cancer. I look up to her and her bravery. She has always been a wonderful example to me.
#2 my dad. My dad picked up and left everything at his job in California when my mom told him that she had cancer. He has been by her side and is becoming an excellent nurse! My dad has also been a great example and a good friend.
#3 My husband. Kalani is an amazing man. He has worked hard to make a life for us. He is extremely patient! He has never once raised his voice to me, and trust me, I have deserved it once or twice! He is the love of my life and I am grateful for all that he does for me.
#4 My newest hero is my niece. If you have been watching the news you have probably heard this story. On Sunday night she was walking with her sisters and some friends. The group had all crossed the street except for my niece. A man pulled over and flashed a police badge and made her get into his car! He drove a few blocks away and then attempted to rape her! She realized that his was not a cop and started fighting back and screaming. She was able to get out of the car and ran into the street screaming for help. She was able to get help, but the man got away! She is my hero because she did the right thing... she fought back! She is a great example to her younger cousins and I am grateful for her courage!

5 comments:

Lia said...

I'm so glad your neice is okay. What a horrible experience. What a blessing she wasn't hurt. How old is she?

Tara said...

NATALIE! How fun to find you on here! Your family is BEAUTIFUL and I can't believe you now have a little boy - He is so handsome!

I am so sorry about your Mom. I hope all turns out well there. And I am so happy that your niece made it out of that situation. That is just crazy!!

Kristi Amasio said...

Hey Natalie. Your family is so dang cute! I'm so glad you got your boy. What a cutie! Tell Kalani hi from us. It's great to keep in touch with everyone this way and thanks for the great ideas for summer. So sorry about your Mom, hope everything will be okay. What a brave girl your niece is. I hope my Siera would be strong enough to do the same. So scary!

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

Oh my gosh, how scary! I am so glad that your neice is ok! How is your mom doing? I saw the link to your blog on an e-mail from you so thought I'd take a peek, hope its ok. Let me know if there is anything I can do!

Misty and Jake said...

Hi Natalie! I don't know if you remember me. I am Misty Andrews and I was in the Young Women with you for a short time before you moved. But I Found your blog and your family is so cute! I hoppe every thing goes ok with your mom. I hope that your family is doing well!