Saturday, June 07, 2008

What a day! Today I ran 4 miles in the "Draper Challenge"! It is part of Draper Trail Days. When I signed up for the race, for some reason, I thought I would be running on fairly level ground. Nope. Up the side of the mountain, and then back down it!

The day started out at 6:45 when I woke up and saw gray skies, and rain coming down. my friend Cami and I decided to go with it anyway. When we got to the race, It was chilly, but at least it wasn't raining! It was a hard course, but it was sooo beautiful and so much fun! I pushed myself harder than I have in a long time! I am a little tired now, but I am sure I will be sore in the morning!

When I ran last month in the "race for the cure", I was very moved by the spectators cheering us on at the end of the race. I kept glancing at the crowd hoping that my family might be there to cheer me on, but I didn't tell them to, so they weren't. So this race, I told Kalani that it would be nice to have them there cheering me on. Well, I got to the end of the race and I pushed really hard, I glanced around, but no family. The thing is, Kalani said he would be there. So I was a little bummed. I got out my phone and texted him to see where he was, and his reply was "almost there". well, a little too late. The funny thing is though, I guess there was another race in Draper that day another part of town, and Kalani and the kids were at that one!!! By the time he figured out that he was at the wrong race, he was too late for mine! Ha, ha, ha! He made the effort though, and I guess that will count, this time. I was impressed that he had the kids all up and dressed and out there early in the morning, so he does get points for that!! Next race though, he WILL be there!

No comments: