The Hawaii Trip
(finally)
Alright.. here it is! Way back in March I had the awesome opportunity to go to HAWAII with my mom and my sister. We spent the first few days on the Big Island. First on the list was heading to the local WalMart and purchasing boogie boards, beach chairs and cokes. Yep, we have priorities. We then stopped at the local Farmer's Market for fresh fruit. (the pineapple, OMG, so god!) We then went to Hapuna Beach where we sat with our toes in the sand, felt the sun on our skin and tasted the sea spray on our lips. It really doesn;t get much better than that! We spent the night in a wonderful hotel in Waikoloa. The nest day we made our treck around the island. We stopped in Kona to browse the shops and to eat. Oh, and the picture above is me flirting with the local men.
The nest stop was Punalu'u. A.k.a. the Turtle Beach. It was overcast and a little chilly so we didn't swim here. We saw a couple of turtles bobbing around in the waves.
We stayed the nest few nights with our friends the Kahai's. The picture above were our sleeping arrangements. Yep, one bed for the three of us. We stood there looking at the bed giggling then Tricia called "middle"! Good times.
The next stop was the tidepools. We took the scenic route through the jungle. My mom and Tricia thought it was real creepy when I told them that if I were to kill anyone, this is where I would dispose the body. Why is that creepy? Just saying...
The tidepools wre awesome! It was another chilly overcast day, but we dove in anyways! Can't even describe how cool this was!
The next day we toured around a little more. The waterfalls in Hawaii are beautiful! This picture is at Rainbow Falls.
This is Akaka Falls. Huge, and amazing!
My beautiful mother!
Waipio Valley. We use to camp down on that beach when we lived there. I almost died on that beach too. Boogie boarding gone bad...
Did I mention how much time we spent just sitting on the beach??!!
Not that you care, but when we lived in Hawaii, this was my school. And this is the spot mom would pick us up from. Memories...
Our last night on the Big Island we stayed with the Bezilla's. Yep, I got to spoon with that wild woman in that futon. It was awesome!!
Breakfast. Macadamia pancakes with coconut syrup!
Next we flew to Oahu. First stop was Pearl Harbor. Such an amazing place!
We stopped at the Dole pineapple plantation. Pretty neat place. The gift shop was cool and the pineapple ice cream was amazing! Btw, my sister thought that pineapples grew underground. How did you think they grew??
Laie temple. We then went to the famous "pipeline" beach. I didn't get any great pics of that location. The waves were huge! It was fun watching the surfers. We grabbed our boogie boards and played around in the white water. You know, it only takes one good wave to make you realize that you are not nearly as cool as you think you are.
Our sleeping arrangements for our last night! Yes, that is 3 twin beds. Never knew that was an option.
All in all, it was a great trip! Thank you mom so much for making this happen!
(just a little disclaimer. I have naturally wavy-ish hair. Humidity and my hair are enemies. That is why my hair looks like crap in every picture. Just wanted to put that out there.)

4 comments:
Fun!!!
YEA! Love the pictures and your story to go along with them. Helps relive the glory days, right? I get the whole hair thing, the only thing that helped me this year was to go SHORT! Amazing trip and a lot of good memories for you 3 wild women.
Admit it, you liked the spooning
I will always remeber this trip and spending time with my two amazing daughters. You are beautiful Nat. Never forget you are capable of so much. Yes, the beds will always bring a smile to my heart:)
Post a Comment