Wednesday, July 02, 2008



So, since Brody has been walking, he has walked with his right foot turned far out and he limps. So I mentioned it to the pediatrician, who sent us to get x-rays. Well the result of the x-ray shows that he has developmental hip dysplasia. It means that the top of his leg isn't going into the socket in his hip. So usually this is detected when they are infants and they can be put into a brace to fix the problem, but wherer Brody is older and walking, they have to take a more drastic approach....












They will probably have to physically put the ball in the socket with a little surgery, and then, put into a huge cast for 3 months!!!! We have an appointment at Primary Children's Hospital on August 11th. They will then determine what course of action to take. I just can't imagine our lives with Brody in this huge cast! How will he play? He won't be able to walk. Will he fit in a stroller? What about a car seat? What about a grocery cart??!!!August is to far away!!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Whoa! That is scary! I would be just as concerned as you are! I hope it all works out!

Deb said...

Poor baby! I hate it when you go to the doctor and leave with more questions than you came in with. I bet the hospital will have suggestions for you for the stroller, car seat, etc. Hope everything goes ok for you.

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

Oh my goodness! Hopefully the hospital has some better information or news than you have now. Let me know if there is anything that I can do. Poor little guy!

Tara said...

Oh that poor little guy! and poor you too! I'm sure that is way stressful. I'm so happy that it is something they can correct though. Hang in there!

Greg and/or Angie said...

I hope he doesn't need such drastic measures! BTW, I think I saw you in the new Riverton Walmart last week but we were going in opposite directions. Hope to see you soon! Angie

Jill said...

WOW, that is crazy. Poor little guy, that should keep him out of the cupboards tho. Maybe they have a less invasive way of treating it. we'll pray for that.