Saturday, July 12, 2008


SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT!!!! I got hit by a car!!!! If you don't know, Kalani bought me a 2007 Nissan Armada with all the bells and whistles 4 months ago! Now it may be heading to the scrap yard! So Wednesday night I was leaving the TEMPLE, with the YOUNG WOMEN after doing baptisms for the dead. I was making a left-hand turn onto Redwood Road, WITH a green light when out of nowhere, a 19-year-old girl ran the RED light and slammed right into me!!!! I suffered some whiplash and hit my head on the window, and the girl seated behind me bruised up her arm and leg, but luckily, that was all of the injuries! The girl who ran into us had a big seat-belt bruise, but she was fine as well. We were so LUCKY given the circumstance! Kalani wanted me to take his little Ford Focus (because of better gas mileage), but I wanted to take the Armada. GOOD THING! If we would have been in anything else, we would have been crushed! So now we are waiting to see what the fate of our car will be. I would rather it be totaled. I don't want to be driving around a broken up car. AND I would never be able to sell it having it had been in a wreck. Right now they are saying that they are going to fix it. I don't know. It would be nice to have my car back, but it's not fair to have a broken one. Has anyone been in this situation? What should I do?

10 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, It's a good thing everyone's alright!! I hate accidents, they are so scary. The only ones I know are the one's I cause :( But it's been a long time since I've been in one and they were all really small. But they usually do a really good just fixing up the car so you cant even tell it was in an accident. Also alot of the times accidents that arent really big, like totallying a car, dont get reported to carfax. So you might be ok trying to resell it. I hope it all works out tho.

Tara said...

Oh I am so sorry! What a serious kick in the pants. I am glad you weren't hurt! of all times to have it happen too, right as you are leaving the temple! Sheesh!

Colette said...

Holy cow! That's crazy, especially after leaving the temple. Although, I was thinking... it sounds like bad luck to get in an accident after leaving the temple, but maybe being there blessed you and it could have been worse than it was. If I was going to get in an accident, it would be good to have just been doing the Lord's work. I'm glad everyone was okay. Oh, and I love your new background! :)

The Beardalls said...

I heard the news thats so scary i'm glad you're all safe! -me and andy say get a hybrid you hippy.

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

I don't know what to tell you except that I am very sorry! I am so glad that there were no serious injuries though! How is your Mom doing and have you found anything out about Brody yet? I just wanted you to know that I've been thinking of you!

Kristi Amasio said...

Wow. Glad that everyone was okay. Well too bad for the car. I love Nissan Armada's. Hopefully it will all work out for you. I know exactly what you mean though. I don't want to have a car fixed, I would rather it bet totalled. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Christy said...

So sad...and after doing good things! Go figure! My guess is because it is a new car it will be much cheaper to fix the car than to total it. They figure it on a percentage of the value. Sad but I have experience in this department. We had our car stolen and when it was recovered it was all crashed and they totaled it because the cost to repair it was too close to the value of the car. I'm sure once they fix it, it will be good as new :)

Lia said...

Ouch!! Your poor pretty car!! Oh, and you too. Hope everything works out for the best and you don't have to drive a broken car.

Ann said...

You Kill me with the Motherless goat thing! I'm glad it all ended up ok and that no one was hurt too badly, I'm sure the sore muscles for the next few days are probably the worst of it. I think we've all had fender benders and its amazing what they can do to fix a car, so I wouldn't worry about that, if they do fix it should be just like brand new, or whine until it is. Be Careful!!!

Nikki said...

That sucks! I am so glad you were ok. Hopefully they will total it out and you can get something new! :) When is Tricia going to start blogging...I would love to see some pictures of her new baby!! Let's get together soon!