Sunday, September 20, 2009

Timpanogos Cave!
We had a fun time on Saturday hiking up to the Timpanogos Cave. It was the first time for all of us. It was a great adventure for us all.

I love this picture because:
#1 I look really skinny (which I am not!)
#2 What the heck is Brody doing? I laugh every time I look at him!

Finally at the top! 1 1/5 miles up a steep trail! What a workout! Then the cave is a mile long, and then another 1 1/2 miles back down! I wonder how many calories we burned.

Brody was entertained by a cute little squirrel at the top that kept coming real close looking for food! Did I mention that he was a turkey and we had to CARRY him most of the way! Once again, I wonder how many calories we burned...

Inside the cave is amazing! The pictures don't do it ANY justice at all!

The kids all had a great time. It was very educational for them and they really learned a lot while having a fun time!
This is the "heart" of the cave. We learned about a cool Indian legend that goes along with this.

This formation is appropriately name "Kalani" Weird. I wonder why they named it that?

Oh yeah, did I mention that we had to CARRY Brody. Going up, and going down!

The girl's were troopers, not much complaining from them.

We finished off the day by cooking hot dogs and marshmallows over a camp fire! (so much for all those calories that we burned!!) It was a really fun day, I recommend this hike to anyone. Well, anyone who has kids old enough to walk it and not have to be carried! I would definitely do it again!

5 comments:

Pace's said...

It looks like you had fun. We did it a long time ago when Braxton was a baby. Ryan carried him up in the little baby bjorn. He cried the whole time. It was terrible. Crying in the caves = angry people and echoing...awesome! I think we left the cave with many enemies.

Nikki said...

What a great trip! I love doing the Cave. We haven't been with our kids yet either, but I am thinking they might be ready for it now. Great pics Glad you posted them!

Lia said...

I keep thinking of taking the kiddos up Timp. Still haven't done it!! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Trish the Dish said...

I totally had all these cute comments to make but my brained shut down about the cave figurine name Kalani...

Patty Sampson said...

Such a fun trip! Great pictures of everyone. I am so glad you got quality family time. I miss you guys.